[Numpy-discussion] NumPy sprints at Scipy 2013, Austin: call for topics and hands to help

Richard Hattersley rhattersley at gmail.com
Sun May 26 03:52:38 EDT 2013

Hi David,

On 25 May 2013 15:23, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:

> As some of you may know, Stéfan and me will present a tutorial on
> NumPy C code, so if we do our job correctly, we should have a few new
> people ready to help out during the sprints.

Is there any chance you'll be repeating this at EuroSciPy?

Things I'd like to work on myself is looking into splitting things
> from multiarray, think about a better internal API for dtype
> registration/hooks (with the goal to remove any date dtype hardcoding
> in both multiarray and ufunc machinery), but I am sure others have
> more interesting ideas :)

I'm not able to get to SciPy so I understand if my vote of support doesn't
count ;-), but I'm very interested in the work on the dtype API. And if it
was on the radar for EuroSciPy there's a good chance I'd be able to help
out. (The combination of a NumPy C tutorial and dtype API work would make a
pretty compelling case for my managers.)

Regards,
Richard