[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.9 release date

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 14:22:35 EST 2013

Hi All,

The question has come up as to how much effort we should spend backporting
fixes to 1.8.x. An alternative would be to tag 1.9.0 early next year,
aiming for a release around April. I think there is almost enough in
1.9-devel to justify a release. There is Sebastian's index work, Julian's
continuing work on speedups, the removal of oldnumeric and numarray
support, and various other deprecations and cleanups that add up to a
significant number of changes. I've tended to think of 1.9 as a cleanup and
consolidation release and think that the main thing missing at this point
is fixing the datetime problems.

Thoughts?

Chuck