[Numpy-discussion] strange runtimes of numpy fft

Charles Waldman charles at crunch.io
Thu Nov 14 11:45:51 EST 2013

Can you post the raw data?  It seems like there are just a couple of "bad"
sizes, I'd like to know more precisely what these are.

It's typical for FFT to perform better at a sample size that is a power of
2, and algorithms like FFTW take advantage of factoring the size, and
"sizes that are products of small factors are transformed most efficiently."

  - Charles