[Numpy-discussion] strange runtimes of numpy fft

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 20 14:56:08 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Henry Gomersall <heng at cantab.net> wrote:

> Yes, this didn't occur to me as an option, mostly because I'm keen for a
>  commercial FFTW license myself and it would gall me somewhat if I
> couldn't gain the same benefit from my own code as others.
>
> So, given that, if anyone has an FFTW license and is keen for decent
> Python wrappers, I'd be more than happy to discuss a sub-license to FFTW
> in exchange for a more liberal (say MIT) license for pyFFTW.

OT, and IANAL, but  I think what you'd want to do is dual-licence pyFFTW.
Heck, you could even charge for a commercially-licenced version, as it
would only be useful to folks that were already paying for
a commercially-licenced FFTW

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov