[Numpy-discussion] [EXTERNAL] numpy.i and INPLACE_ARRAY1[ANY]

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Fri Nov 22 18:19:21 EST 2013

I think you are getting close.  Application of the typemap simply requires

    %apply (float* INPLACE_ARRAY1, int DIM1) {(float* data_location, int unused)}

rather than the entire argument list.

Be sure you understand the use case.  The (data_location, unused) pair is going to be provided by a numpy array and its length.  You might want to do a check to make sure variable "unused" has the correct value before you pass the numpy array data on to your function.

Typemaps are generally non-intuitive.  But once you understand all the rules, they start to make sense.

-Bill