[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] MATLAB ODE solvers - now available in Python

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 13:15:29 EDT 2013

MCR stands for MATLAB Compiler Runtime and if that's all it requires,
that's great, 'cause that's free.  Look forward to giving this a try; does
the distribution come w/ examples?

DG

Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 11:27:04 +0300

> From: Dmitrey <tmp50 at ukr.net>
> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] [ANN] MATLAB ODE solvers - now
>         available in    Python
> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion at scipy.org>
> Cc: scipy-user at scipy.org, numpy-discussion at scipy.org
>
> It requires MATLAB or MATLAB Component Runtime? (
> http://www.mathworks.com/products/compiler/mcr/ )
> I'm not regular subscriber of the mail list thus you'd better ask openopt
> forum.
>
> ----------------------
> Regards, D. http://openopt.org/Dmitrey
> --- ???????? ????????? ---
> ?? ????: "Eric Carlson" < ecarlson at eng.ua.edu >
> ????: 5 ??????? 2013, 01:19:28
>
> Hello,
> Does this require a MATLAB install, or are these equivalent routines?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

> End of NumPy-Discussion Digest, Vol 85, Issue 16

>From "A Letter From The Future" in "Peak Everything" by Richard Heinberg:

"By the time I was an older teenager, a certain...attitude was developing
among the young people...a feeling of utter contempt for anyone over a
certain age--maybe 30 or 40.  The adults had consumed so many resources,
and now there were none left for their own children...when those adults
were younger, they [were] just doing what everybody else was doing...they
figured it was normal to cut down ancient forests for...phone books, pump
every last gallon of oil to power their SUV's...[but] for...my generation
all that was just a dim memory...We [grew up] living in darkness, with
shortages of food and water, with riots in the streets, with people begging
on street corners...for us, the adults were the enemy."

Want to *really* understand what's *really* going on?  Read "Peak
Everything."