[Numpy-discussion] Bug in numpy.correlate documentation

Bernhard Spinnler Bernhard.Spinnler at gmx.net
Thu Oct 10 15:12:08 EDT 2013

It seems to me that Wolfram is following yet another path. From http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Autocorrelation.html and more importantly http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Cross-Correlation.html, equation (5):

z_mathworld[k] = sum_n conj(a[n]) * v[n+k]
	= conj( sum_n a[n] * conj(v[n+k]) )
	= conj( z_numpyDocstring[k] )
	= conj( z_numpyCode[-k] )

is the conjugate of what the numpy docstring says. So, now we have at least three definitions to chose from :-)

Cheers,
	Bernhard