[Numpy-discussion] Code review request: PrintOptions

Aron Ahmadia aron at ahmadia.net
Sun Oct 27 21:46:10 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Neil Girdhar <mistersheik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I realized that I missed that and figured it wouldn't matter since
> it was my own master and I don't plan on making other changes to numpy.  If
> you don't mind, how do I move my changelist into a branch?  I'm really
> worried I'm going to lose my changes.

'master' is just another branch.  You can do:

    git checkout -b new_branch_name

In your current repository to create a new branch pointing to where you are
now (the master branch which you want to move)

Chuck's instructions follow that:

   git checkout master
   git reset --hard origin/master

Some people advise that you just delete the 'master' branch on your local
repository/forks.  This can simplify the process of accidentally committing
to it, though it's easy to recover from.

Cheers,
Aron