[Numpy-discussion] Python parallel programming on Mac OS X Maverick

Siegfried Gonzi sgonzi at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 12:34:18 EDT 2013

Hi all

Quick question: What is the minimum RAM requirement for doing parallel programming with Python/Numpy on Mac OS X Maverick?

I am about to buy a Macbook Pro 15" and I'd like to know if 8GB RAM (with SSD flash storage) for the Haswell quad core will be enough. I have never done any parallel programming with Python/Numpy but plan to get to grips with it on my new Macbook Pro where memory from now on is being soldered on and non-replaceable.

Apple has a 14 days no quibbles refund policy but I am not sure if I can work out what I need within 14 days.

Thanks,
Siegfried
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.