[Numpy-discussion] numpy random uniform seed?

Ao Liu frankliuao at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 13:02:13 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've been using np.random.uniform and mpi4py.

I found that the random number each processor (or rank) generated are the
same, so I was wondering how random.uniform chose its seeds. Theoretically,
those ranks shouldn't have anything to do with others. The only possibility
that I can think of is that they all used the computer time as the seed, so
the random numbers were the same.

Anyone has more ideas and suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks,
Best,
Ao

--
I am Ao.Liu, always hungry and still waiting for what I've always been
believing.

To know me more, please visit my little tiny personal website:
www.frankliuao.com