[Numpy-discussion] 1.7.2

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 19:56:59 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Julian Taylor <
jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 29.10.2013 21:00, Charles R Harris wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Charles R Harris
> > <charlesr.harris at gmail.com <mailto:charlesr.harris at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi All,
> >
> >     I'm going to tag 1.7.2 soon. That is, unless someone else would like
> >     the experience of making a release. Any volunteers?
> >

> > Make that 1.7.2rc1.
> >
> > Chuck
> >

> I got a free day on friday so I can probably help out.

Sounds good. I'll need to give you permissions on sourceforge so you can
make folders and upload files. Are you registered there? I also need to
update the HOWTO_RELEASE documentation as it is a bit sparse at the moment.
For an RC we need binaries also. Ralf can probably help with that when he
gets time, or you can try setting up to do it yourself. I haven't tried the
latter myself, but someday...

I suspect it will take longer than one day but hopefully it will be easier
than 1.8.0

Chuck