[Numpy-discussion] find appropriate dtype based on a set of values

Gregorio Bastardo gregorio.bastardo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 03:22:04 EDT 2013

Thanks Stéfan, your script works well. There's a small typo on line
12. I also discovered the functions 'np.iinfo' and 'np.finfo' for
machine limits on integer/float types (a note for myself, you might be
already familiar with them).

After having read the docstring, I was only curious why this feature
is not provided by the function itself, as returning the input array's
dtype seems not so useful (can't imagine such a use case).

Gregorio