[Numpy-discussion] PEP8

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 10:29:33 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Richard Hattersley <rhattersley at gmail.com>wrote:

> > Something we have done in matplotlib is that we have made PEP8 a part of
> the tests.
>
> In Iris and Cartopy we've also done this and it works well. While we
> transition we have an exclusion list (which is gradually getting shorter).
> We've had mixed experiences with automatic reformatting, so prefer to keep
> the human in the loop.

I agree with keeping a human in the loop, the script would be intended to
get things into the right neighborhood, the submitter would have to review
the changes after. If the script isn't too strict there will be than one
way to do some things and those bits would rely on the good taste of the
coder.

Chuck