[Numpy-discussion] ANN: SfePy 2013.3

Josè Luis Mietta joseluismietta at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Sep 18 13:10:40 EDT 2013

Dear Robert.

Im intresting in modeling mechanical deformation of magnetorheological elastomers (material formed by inorganic chains inserting in a polymeric matrix -see figure 2 in the attached file-). The inorganic chais are like pearl necklace (are formed by saligned pheres ).

Can I use this tool (SfePy) for modeling the mechanical deformation (i.e.: shape deformation by appling a force in longitudinal and transversal direction respect to the inorganic chains)?

How can I do that?

Im a newby user of python and I dont know anything about simple finite elements analysis. What documentation (books or other) do yo recommend for my introduction in this topic?

Best Regards,
José Luis Mietta