[Numpy-discussion] multiprocessing, numpy and 32-64 bit cohabitation

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Fri Sep 20 17:17:46 EDT 2013

On 18/09/13 01:51, Antony Lee wrote:
> While I realize that this is certainly tweaking multiprocessing beyond
> its specifications, I would like to use it on Windows to start a
> 32-bit Python process from a 64-bit Python process (use case: I need
> to interface with a 64-bit DLL and use an extension (pyFFTW) for which
> I can only find a 32-bit compiled version (yes, I could try to install
> MSVC and compile it myself but I'm trying to avoid that...))

There is now a release on PyPI including installers for both 32- and
64-bit Python 2.7, 3.2 and 3.3.

The long double schemes are ignored as on 64-bit windows that type
simply maps to double (though it should be seamless from the
Python/Numpy end).

All tests satisfied :) (that was some work!)

Cheers,

Henry