[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] 1.8.0rc1

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Sep 30 14:02:38 EDT 2013

Everyone please do actually test this! It is really in your best
interest, and I think people don't always realize this.

Here's how it works:
- If you test it *now*, and it breaks your code that worked with 1.7,
and you *tell* us this now, then it's *our* problem and we hold up the
release to fix the bug.
- If you test it *after* we release, and it breaks your code, then we
are sad but you have to work around it (because we can't magically
make that release not have happened, your users will be using it
anyway), and we put it on the stack with all the other bugs. All of
which we care about but it's a large enough stack that it's not going
to get any special priority, because, see above about how at this
point you'll have had to work around it anyway.

-n