[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.8.1 release

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 1 12:04:16 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am hopelessly lost here, but it looks as though Python extension
> modules get loaded via
>
> hDLL = LoadLibraryEx(pathname, NULL,
>                                  LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH);
>
> See:
> http://hg.python.org/cpython/file/3a1db0d2747e/Python/dynload_win.c#l195
>
> I think this means that the first directory on the search path is
> indeed the path containing the extension module:
>

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682586(v=vs.85).aspx#alternate_search_order_for_desktop_applications

yup -- that seems to be what it says...

So I'm guessing that it would not work putting DLLs into the 'DLLs'
> directory - unless the extension modules went in there too.

and yet there is a bunch of stuff there, so something is going on...It
looks like my Windows box is down at the moment, but I _think_ there are a
bunch of dependency dlls in there -- and not the extensions themselves.

But I'm way out of my depth, too.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov