[Numpy-discussion] Default builds of OpenBLAS development branch are now fork safe

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 14:59:35 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Julian - do you have any opinion on using gotoBLAS instead of OpenBLAS
>> for the Windows binaries?
>
> That is basically OpenBLAS too, except with more bugs and no AVX support.

I know that OpenBLAS is a fork of gotoBLAS2, but you said in another
thread that gotoBLAS2 was 'rock-solid'.  If the bugs in gotoBLAS2 do
not in practice arise for default Windows builds, then it could be a
good option until OpenBLAS is more mature.

Put another way - does anyone know what bugs in gotoBLAS2 do arise for
Windows / Intel builds?

Cheers,

Matthew