[Numpy-discussion] PEP 465 has been accepted / volunteers needed

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Tue Apr 8 14:14:13 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:51 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Guido just formally accepted PEP 465:
>>   https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2014-April/133819.html
>>   http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0465/#implementation-details
>

> Congratulations!! Getting a PEP through is very hard work, and you did a
> remarkable job.

Thank you! Though I suspect that the most important part of my
contribution may have just been my high tolerance for writing emails
;-).

> Many thanks for all your patience steering this through, as well as to everyone who contributed. The level and quality of the discussion was pretty impressive.

Indeed -- this never would have happened without the contributions of
many, many people, both during the conversations around the PEP this
month, and over the previous years that set the stage for this to be
possible. Thank you, everyone!

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith