[Numpy-discussion] Wiki page for building numerical stuff on Windows

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 23:46:03 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been working on a general wiki page on building numerical stuff on Windows:
>>
>> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/wiki/Numerical-software-on-Windows
>>
>> I'm hoping to let Microsoft know what problems we're having, and
>> seeing whether we numericists can share some work - us and R and Julia
>> and Octave and so on.
>>
>> Feedback / edits very - very - welcome,
>

> Is seems Microsoft is working on an "accelerate" framework on their own.
>
> https://ampblas.codeplex.com
> https://amplapack.codeplex.com
>
> https://ampfft.codeplex.com
> https://amprng.codeplex.com
> https://ampalgorithms.codeplex.com
>
> It seems to be written in C++ and require VS2012 to build, and possibly
> DirectX11 to run.

For ampblas : https://ampblas.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#readme.txt

"""
This library contains an adaptation of the legacy cblas interface to BLAS for
C++ AMP. At this point almost all interfaces are not implemented. One
exception is the ampblas_saxpy and ampblas_daxpy which serve as a
template for the
implementation of other routines.
"""

Last commit appears to be October 2012 :
https://ampblas.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Cheers,

Matthew