[Numpy-discussion] The BLAS problem (was: Re: Wiki page for building numerical stuff on Windows)

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:05:02 EDT 2014

Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Making a totally new BLAS might seem like a crazy idea, but it might be the
> best solution in the long run.

To see if this can be done, I'll try to re-implement cblas_dgemm and then
benchmark against MKL, Accelerate and OpenBLAS. If I can get the
performance better than 75% of their speed, without any assembly or dark
magic, just plain C99 compiled with Intel icc, that would be sufficient for
binary wheels on Windows I think.

Sturla