[Numpy-discussion] Wiki page for building numerical stuff onWindows

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:26:09 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Aron Ahmadia <aron at ahmadia.net> wrote:
> Fernando is referring to this: http://lightningpython.org/
>
> I have to admit that as a Pythonist supporting Windows builds, Cygwin and/or
> MinGW have always been the most appealing because so much of the rest of the
> numerical computing infrastructure is primarily supported on UNIXy
> platforms.

Yes, absolutely.  Given we have so few developers on Windows, the
releases are likely going to be largely supported by Unixey people.
Likely then, that a Unixey Windows build will get much more care than
a Windows-specific one.  I tried to say this very briefly on the page

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/wiki/Numerical-software-on-Windows#introduction

but it needs a bit more explanation and detail.  Please feel free to
edit, it can certainly be improved.

Cheers,

Matthew