[Numpy-discussion] ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy-1.8.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/numpy/core/multiarray.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_AsASCIIString

jaylene jaylenexue at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 09:30:46 EDT 2014

No. I didn't rebuild numpy after rebuilding python. I searched online about
this error. It said that this error might be caused by building python with
USC-4. Is there a way to check if the python was built with USC-4 or USC-2?
Will rebuilding python with USC-2 work? I'm really reluctant to recompile
the entire scipy stack.