[Numpy-discussion] 64-bit windows numpy / scipy wheels for testing

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 24 18:35:39 EDT 2014

On 24.04.2014 23:56, Matthew Brett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Cark Kleffner's toolchain and some help from Clint Whaley
> (main author of ATLAS), I've built 64-bit windows numpy and scipy
> wheels for testing.
>
> The build uses Carl's custom mingw-w64 build with static linking.
>
> There are two harmless test failures on scipy (being discussed on the
> list at the moment) - tests otherwise clean.

This is great news, thanks for working on this.

Have you already documented the procedure used to create the wheels?
I would like to be able to reproduce the builds.

Is it possible to add this toolchain and build procedure to the
vagrant/fabric based numpy release virtual machine setup?
The current version doing linux + win32 builds is available here:
https://github.com/juliantaylor/numpy-vendor

The windows builds are done in a linux guest using wine. Wine also seems
to support win64.

The mac build procedure would also needs updating.

Cheers,
Julian