[Numpy-discussion] Remove numpy/compat/_inspect.py ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 22:01:47 EDT 2014

On my machine, if I use inspect instead of _inspect in
numpy.compat.__init__, the import time increases ~ 25 % (from 82 ms to 99
ms).

So the hack certainly still make sense, one just need to fix whatever needs
fixing (I am still not sure what's broken for the very specific usecase
that code was bundled for).

David