[Numpy-discussion] NumPy-Discussion OpenBLAS and dotblas

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 15:35:34 EDT 2014

Hi. I am working on numpy in pypy. It would be much more challenging for
me if you merged more code into the core of numpy, that means even more
must be duplicated when using a different underlying ndarray
implementation.
If you are thinking of touching linalg/lapack_lite/blas_lite, I would
prefer a simpler model that uses ndarray as a simple storage container,
does not use cpython-specifc capi extentions with reference counting,
and interfaces with python via cffi[0].
Matti

[0] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cffi/