[Numpy-discussion] Fwd: We need help working on code coverage for Cython code

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:24:39 EDT 2014

Hi,

Sorry for those of you also on the scikit-image mailing list - but
here again I'm asking for help to get coverage working for Cython
code.

Over on another mailing list, we've hit a big problem trying to work
out coverage on a large amount of Cython code.

As y'all probably know, there's no automated way of checking code
coverage on Cython code at the moment.

The Cython developers have done some work on this [1] but it is
currently stalled for lack of developer time to work on it.

We'd really like to get this working, and the Cython developers have
offered to help, to get this started.

Can anyone help us out by a) joining an interactive discussion for 15
minutes or so with the Cython developers to get us started b) helping
with a short burst of coding that will follow, we estimate a few days.

I think this is something many of us need, and it would also be a
thank you to the Cython team for their work, which we all use so much.

Cheers,

Matthew

[1] http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/815