[Numpy-discussion] NumPy-Discussion OpenBLAS and dotblas

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 18:29:59 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM, cjw <cjw at ncf.ca> wrote:

>  Charles,
>
> Nothing I've seen so far envisages disturbing the existing, in my opinion
> flawed, Matrix Class.
>
> I trust that I have not missed anything.
>
> Compilation is a complex press for a person unfamiliar with the C.
> Anything you could do to simplify that would be welcome.

We aren't talking about the matrix class, but rather the new '@' operator
to be used with arrays. The implementation of that operator could depend on
routines defined in other modules, as does the current dot method, or we
can move the overall implementation down into the multiarray module. The
question of using blas_lite come up because some things would be a bit
simpler is we didn't need to make the code depend on whether or not there
was a cblas library.

<snip>

Chuck