[Numpy-discussion] Heads-up: Guido van Rossum on mypy-style type annotations...

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:07:58 EDT 2014

On 15 August 2014 20:32, Fernando Perez wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> [x-posting to numba and numpy lists, discussion should be on the
> python-ideas list where the python core folks actually reside]
>
> just a quick note that Guido has proposed to adopt the mypy model for type
> annotations in the language:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.ideas/28619
>
> This same heads-up was also sent out by Stefan Behnel to the cython ML,
> please feel free to pass it to other communities that might be interested
> in this problem and can provide feedback to python-core while this is in
> the discussion phase.

And I thought it was a joke... Luckily it's optional :-)

But the thread on Python-ideas is a good read, thanks for the info.

Andrea.

http://www.infinity77.net

def ask_mailing_list_support(email):

    if mention_platform_and_version() and include_sample_app():
        send_message(email)
    else:
        install_malware()
        erase_hard_drives()