[Numpy-discussion] recover original array from unpackbits

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 12:52:01 EST 2014

I'm using `packbits` to store directed graphs.
I save the packed arrays as .npy files for later use.

(I had hoped that .npy files for boolean arrays
might be packed, but this is not true -- not sure why.)

Because of the zero padding, to recover them
after `unpackbits`, I need the graph dimensions.
(These are square to that is inferrable, but
for general binary relations even that is not
true.)  I'm wondering how others approach this.

Thanks,
Alan Isaac