[Numpy-discussion] Proposal: Chaining np.dot with mdot helper function

Jaime Fernández del Río jaime.frio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 17:27:37 EST 2014

Perhaps you could reuse np.dot, by giving its second argument a default
None value, and passing a tuple as first argument, i.e. np.dot((a, b, c))
would compute a.dot(b).dot(c), possibly not in that order.

As is suggested in the matlab thread linked by Josef, if you do implement
an optimal ordering algorithm, then precalculating the ordering and passing
it in as an argument should be an option.

If I get a vote, I am definitely +1 on this, especially the more
sophisticated version.