[Numpy-discussion] Header files in windows installers

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 21 11:24:15 EST 2014

>  I was unpleasantly surprised to discover that the numpy installers for
>> window
>> do not have an option to install the include files, which appear to be
>> all that
>> is needed to compile extensions that use numpy's C-api.
>>

> That would be a bug. They can't all be missing though, because I'm able to
> compile scipy against numpy installed with those installers without
> problems.

agreed -- i have been compiling extensions against numpy on Windows with
numpy from various binary installers for eyars -- never had a proble (with
include file,s snaywa...)

ARe you using:

numpy.get_include()

to get the location of the headers for that install? It should be in your
setup.py file, something like:

my_ext = Extension(....
                                    include = [np.get_include()].
                                     ....)

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov