[Numpy-discussion] GSOC

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 04:30:37 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Jennifer stone <jenny.stone125 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2014
>> The link provided by Josef is yet to list SciPy/NumPy under it. Somebody
>> please contact Terri.
>> That page acts as major guiding factor for Python-GSoC prospective
>> students. Please have SciPy listed there.
>>

> Ralph, do you know if there is there someone representing Scipy/Numpy who
> is officially supposed to handle this, or should I take a shot at it?

Last year I did that, but we don't really have an official role within the
project for that. I had intended to do it within the deadline, but that
happened to coincide with me traveling without network connection. Sorry
about the delay. Should be fixable though, last year we were way later.

Todo is now:
1. fix up ideas page with scipy/numpy descriptions, idea difficulty levels
and preferably some more ideas.
2. add scipy/numpy to PSF page
3. contact PSF admins

I can get around to doing this today. (1) is probably the most work, if you
could help out that would be great.

Ralf