[Numpy-discussion] 1.8.1 release

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 24 19:53:42 EST 2014

What's up with the OpenBLAS work?

Any chance that might make it into official binaries? Or is is just too
fresh?

Also -- from an off-hand comment in the thread is looked like OpenBLAS
could provide a library that selects for optimized code at run-time
depending on hardware -- this would solve the "superpack" problem with
wheels, which would be really nice...

Or did I dream that?

-Chris

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > A lot of fixes have gone into the 1.8.x branch and it looks about time
> to do
> > a bugfix release. There are a couple of important bugfixes still to
> > backport, but if all goes well next weekend, March 1, looks like a good
> > target date. So give the current 1.8.x branch a try so as to check that
> it
> > covers your most urgent bugfix needs.
>
> I'd like to volunteer to make a .whl build for Mac.   Is there
> anything special I should do to coordinate with y'all?  It would be
> very good to put it up on pypi for seamless pip install...
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Matthew

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov