[Numpy-discussion] ANN: XDress v0.4

Toby St Clere Smithe pyviennacl at tsmithe.net
Thu Feb 27 08:19:36 EST 2014

Eelco Hoogendoorn <hoogendoorn.eelco at gmail.com> writes:
> I have a file numpy_boost_python.hpp in one of my projects by Michael
> Droettboom (can seem to find an online source anymore!), which adds
> mappings between numpy.ndarray and boost.ndarray, which is very neat
> and seemless. But like boost.python, it tightly couples with the
> clusterfuck that is bjam. However, something conceptually like that but
> integrated with XDress would be great. Indeed it does not sound too
> complicated; though I don't think I will get around to it anytime soon,
> unfortunately...

You don't have to use bjam! I have built my projects with distutils and
CMake, and never once touched bjam; CMake provides find_package scripts
for Boost, Python and NumPy, and for distutils, I just include the
relevant files and flags in my project.

See [1] for a CMake example, and [2] for a distutils example.

[1] https://github.com/tsmithe/viennacl-dev/blob/pyviennacl/CMakeLists.txt
[2] https://github.com/viennacl/pyviennacl-dev/blob/master/setup.py

Cheers,

Toby