[Numpy-discussion] last call for fixes for numpy 1.8.1rc1

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 28 07:09:49 EST 2014

hm increasing it for PyArrayMapIterObject would break the public ABI.
While nobody should be using this part of the ABI its not appropriate
for a bugfix release.
Note that as it currently stands in numpy 1.9.dev we will break this ABI
for the indexing improvements.

Though for nditer and some other functions we could change it if thats
enough.
It would bump some temporary arrays of nditer from 32kb to 128kb, I
think that would still be fine, but getting to the point where we should
move them onto the heap.