[Numpy-discussion] Quaternion type @ rosettacode.org

Paul Leopardi paul.leopardi at anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 2 16:16:53 EST 2014

rosettacode.org<http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Simple_Quaternion_type_and_opera
> tions#Python>? Or have an opinion about it having derived the type from
> collections.namedtuple?  Anyone have an open-source, numpy-based
> alternative?  Ditto last question for Octonion and/or general n-basis
> Grassmann (exterior) and/or Clifford Algebras?  (rosettacode appears to
> have none of these).  Thanks!

Hi David,
Not Numpy based, but:

GluCat http://sourceforge.net/projects/glucat/ is an open source C++ library for
calculations in Clifford algebras, based on the C++ Standard Library and Boost
uBLAS. It also includes PyClical, a Python extension module coded in Cython. The
PyClical tutorials and demos at
http://sourceforge.net/p/glucat/git/ci/master/tree/pyclical/demos/ should
give you an idea of how PyClical can be used with Numpy, SciPy and the rest of
Python. See also http://sourceforge.net/p/glucat/git/ci/master/tree/README

If you have compilation problems, try the release_0_7_1-patches branch:
http://sourceforge.net/p/glucat/git/ci/release_0_7_1-patches/

I am always open to feedback and criticism of this code.

All the best, Paul
--
Paul Leopardi
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~leopardi