[Numpy-discussion] MKL and OpenBLAS

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:43:40 EST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 4:29 AM, Carl Kleffner <cmkleffner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I fully agree with you. But you have to consider the following:
>
> - the officially mingw-w64 toolchains are build almost the same way. The
> only difference is, that they have non-static builds (that would be
> preferable for C++ development BTW)
> - you won't get the necessary addons like spec-files, manifest resource
> files for msvcr90,100 from there.
> - there is a urgent need for a free and portable C,C++, Fortran compiler for
> Windows with full blas, lapack support. You won't get that with numpy-MKL,
> but with a GNU toolchain and OpenBLAS. Not everyone can buy the Intel
> Fortran compiler or is allowed to install it.

Thanks for doing this - I'd love to see the toolchain.  If there's
anything I can do to help, please let me know.  The only obvious thing
I can think of is using our buildbots or just the spare machines we
have:

http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/

but if you can think of anything else, please let me know.

Cheers,

Matthew