[Numpy-discussion] Fwd: [Python-ideas] PEP pre-draft: Support for indexing with keyword arguments

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Wed Jul 2 04:49:07 EDT 2014

There's some discussion on python-ideas about making it possible for python
indexing to accept kwargs, eg

   arr[1:2, foo=bar]

Since numpy is a very heavy user of indexing which might benefit from this,
I thought I should forward it here. If we have clear use cases for such a
feature then that may strongly affect the discussion.

I admit I can't actually think of any features this would enable for us
though...

-n