[Numpy-discussion] Questions about fixes for 1.9.0rc2

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri Jul 4 19:41:17 EDT 2014

On 5 Jul 2014 00:07, "Charles R Harris" <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

"X:\Python27-x64\lib\site-packages\skimage\segmentation\tests\test_join.py",

"X:\Python27-x64\lib\site-packages\skimage\segmentation\_join.py",

>> > I can do that ;) Doesn't help with the release though unless we want to
>> > document the errors in the release notes and tell folks to wait on the
next
>> > release of the packages.
>>
>> Oh, I meant, in case they want to fix numpy so that their packages
>> don't break :-).
>>

> I've filed issues with all the affected projects. Here is the current
status.

> matplotlib -- Reported, being fixed, should be in 1.4 in a few days.
> skimage -- Reported.
> scikit-learn -- Reported.
> tables -- Reported.
> statsmodels -- Reported, fixed in master.
> bottleneck -- Reported. IIRC, kwgoodman already knew of the changes.
> pyfits -- Reported to astropy.
> milk -- Reported.
> pandas -- Reportedly fixed in master.

That is a massive pile of affected projects :-(.

My worry is that if all these projects we know about are broken, then how
many other codebases that we aren't testing are also broken?

> If the issues are fixed in matplotlib and pandas I'd be inclined to
release as is with a mention of versions in the release notes.

Even if it's fixed in pandas master, how long until it's in user's hands?

-n