[Numpy-discussion] length - sticks algorithm

Josè Luis Mietta joseluismietta at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 22 07:19:09 EDT 2014

 Hi experts!

Im working with conductivity of sticks film - systems.

In my
algorithm (N sticks) I have the intersection graph matrix M (M is a NxN
matrix, M_ij=1 if sticks 'i' and 'j' do intersect, and M_ij=0 if sticks
'i' and 'j' do not).
Also I have 2 lists with the end-points of each stick. In addition, I can calculate the intersection point (If exist) between sticks.

I want to calculate all the distances between the points of intersection (1,2,3,...N) in the next figure:
without lose the connectivity information (which intersection is connected to which). In the figure, (A) is the system with sticks.

I dont know how to do this. Im a python + numpy user.

Waiting for your answers!

Thans a lot