[Numpy-discussion] percentile function for masked array?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 12:25:00 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Alexander Belopolsky <ndarray at mac.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Charles R Harris <
> charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Masked arrays have no maintainer, and haven't for several years, nor do I
>> see anyone coming along to take it up.
>

> I was effectively a maintainer of ma after Numeric -> numpy transition and
> before it was rewritten to use inheritance from ndarray.
>
> I cannot commit to implementing new features myself, but I will review the
> patches that come along.

Most recent ma patches are coming from the astropy folks who want masked
arrays to work better for numpy subclasses. We've put off committing them
until 1.10 development begins, but there are several in the queue. I think
the masked array code is also due a cleanup/rationalization. Any comments
you have along that line are welcome.

Chuck