[Numpy-discussion] fftw supported?

Daπid davidmenhur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 05:13:08 EDT 2014

On 4 June 2014 23:34, Alexander Eberspächer <alex.eberspaecher at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you feel pyfftw bothers you with too many FFTW details, you may try
> something like https://github.com/aeberspaecher/transparent_pyfftw
> (be careful, it's a hack that has seen only little testing).

pyFFTW provides a drop-in replacement for Numpy and Scipy's fftw:

https://hgomersall.github.io/pyFFTW/pyfftw/interfaces/interfaces.html

You can still set the number of threads and other advanced parameters, but
you can just ignore them and view it as a very simple library. Does your
wrapper set these to reasonable values? If not, I am missing completely the
point.

I am starting to use pyFFTW, and maybe I can help you test tfftw.

/David.