[Numpy-discussion] Reporting a bug to Apple.

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 20:52:21 EDT 2014

Frédéric Bastien <nouiz at nouiz.org> wrote:
OSes
> Good luck, and if they act on this, I would be happy to know how you did.

If we report a segfault Apple will probably think we are to blame. 99.9 %
of bug reports come from idiots, and those who screen bug reports are
basically payed to hit the ignore button. Indeed, good luck on reporting
it.

I think in the short run we will be better off re-implementing cblas_sgemv
with cblas_sgemm on Apple OSes. Luckily the error in cblas_sgemv does not
silently produce garbage data but segfaults the process, so anyone affected
will see it.

Sturla