[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.9.0 beta release

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Thu Jun 12 04:28:51 EDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-06-09 at 16:21 -0700, Christoph Gohlke wrote:
> On 6/8/2014 1:34 PM, Julian Taylor wrote:
> > Hello,
<snip>

> Hello,
>
> I tested numpy-MKL-1.9.0b1 (msvc9, Intel MKL build) on win-amd64-py2.7
> against a few other packages that were built against numpy-MKL-1.8.x.
>
> While numpy and scipy pass all tests, some other packages (matplotlib,
> statsmodels, skimage, pandas, pytables, sklearn...) show a few new test
> failures (compared to testing with numpy-MKL-1.8.1). Many test errors
> are of kind:
>
>      ValueError: shape mismatch: value array of shape (24,) could not be
> broadcast to indexing result of shape (8,3)
>
> I have attached a list of failing tests. The full test results are at
> <http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/20140609-win-amd64-py2.7-numpy-1.9.0b1/>
> (compare to
> <http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/20140609-win-amd64-py2.7/>)
>
> I have not investigated any further...

I have put up a sketch for the indexing fix at
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/4804 not sure when I will have time
to finish it off, so if someone has, go ahead ;). It should fix all
those indexing errors (though numpy has harmless test failures with it
currently). Deprecationwarnings (and not there yet FutureWarnings for
the error type change) should be given then.

- Sebastian