[Numpy-discussion] SciPy 2014 BoF NumPy Participation

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:44:45 EDT 2014

Hi Kyle,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Kyle Mandli <kyle.mandli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Fernando Perez has volunteered to act as a facilitator for a BoF on NumPy
> if there is still interest in having this discussion.  I can make sure that
> it is not scheduled in conjunction with some of the other planned BoFs that
> may interest this crowd.  If someone could take the lead on organizing,
> submitting something to the conference website and I helping to gather
> interested parties I would be much obliged.

I see you have reserved a slot on July 10 at 1:30 PM in room 204. That
looks good to me. Along with discussing the future development of NumPy,
I'd like to propose adopting something like the Blaze standard for
datetime, which is similar to the current Pandas treatment, but with a
different time base. Hmm... there seems to be a proliferation of time
implementations, we should try to pick just one.

<snip>

Chuck