[Numpy-discussion] numpy apply_along_axis named arguments

Albert Jornet Puig albert.jornet at ic3.cat
Thu Mar 6 06:17:34 EST 2014

Hi All,

I am working with *apply_along_axis* method and I would like to apply a
method that requires to pass named arguments
(scipy.stats.mstats.mquantiles with prob[]). But currently, it is not
possible with *apply_along_axis*.

I wonder if it would make sense to add the possibility to pass named
arguments. I am also aware that It could be implement using other ways
(a loop for each row). That's why I would like to ask whether it makes
sense or not to ask for this.

Even though, I managed to modify the code, which is simple.

http://pastebin.com/pBn0TbgK