[Numpy-discussion] 1.8.1rc1 on sourceforge.

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 6 15:36:46 EST 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>wrote:

> pypi is accepting wheels:
>
> http://pythonwheels.com/
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyzmq/14.0.1
>
> Chris B - any comments here?

It's my understanding that pypi accepts wheels built for the
python.orgreleases -- and pip should be able to get the right ones in
that case.

 As far as I know, it's up to the project managers to decide what to put up
there.

Also, I _think_ that macports, homebrew, and hopefully the Apple builds,
won't match to the python.org names, so people won't accidentally get a
mis-matched binary wheel.

> As for the numpy wheels specifically - I believe the ones I posted are
> correct - but I would very much like to get feedback.

I, for  one will try to test on a couple machines.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov