[Numpy-discussion] GSoC - what's next

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 19:34:56 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Just a short update, now that the deadline for submitting GSoC proposals
has passed. We received four proposals:

1. Leo Mao, "Numpy: Vector Math Library Integration"
2. Janani Padmanbhan, "SciPy/NumPy- enhancements in scipy.special (hyp2f1,
sph_harm) "
3. Ankit Agrawal, "SciPy : Discrete Wavelet Transforms and related
algorithms"
4. Richard Tsai, "SciPy: Rewrite and improve cluster package in Cython"

In principle we have enough mentors for all these proposals, although it
looks like I'll have to chase them a bit to sign up in Melange etc. We're
going to have to rank these proposals in the next week or so and
communicate our preferences to the PSF organizers. I'll be in touch with
all potential mentors about that. The announcement by Google of which
students were accepted will follow on April 21.

Thanks to the four students who spent a lot of effort on creating solid
proposals, and to all who helped them by giving feedback. Looks like it's
going to be a productive summer!

Cheers,
Ralf