[Numpy-discussion] The BLAS problem (was: Re: Wiki page for building numerical stuff on Windows)

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon May 12 13:25:04 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 6:01 AM, Matthieu Brucher
<matthieu.brucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is the issue of installing the shared library at the proper
> location as well IIRC?

As Carl implies, the standard numpy installers do static linking to
the BLAS lib, so we haven't (as far as I know) got a proper location
for the shared library.

Maybe it could be part of the API though, like "np.get_include()" but
numpy "np.get_blas_lib()"?  Where this can often be None.

Cheers,

Matthew